Mr. Wendel, the President of Financial Institutions Consulting (FIC), has extensive experience as a banker and a consultant. He is a well-known public commentator on industry issues and a personal advisor to industry leaders.
Prior to founding FIC, Mr. Wendel was a Vice President at Mercer Management Consulting and an Engagement Manager with McKinsey & Co., Inc. He has consulted to money center and regional banks, insurers, and diversified financial services companies, both in the U.S. and in Europe.
Mr. Wendel is a regular contributor to American Banker and other financial services periodicals and has spoken at many industry conferences. He has also appeared on CNN, CNBC, and Bloomberg radio.
Areas of his focus include:
- FDIC Shared-Loss Transactions
- Small Business, Middle Market, and Large Corporate Banking
- Product Development and Alliance/Partnership Strategies
- Retail Banking Strategy Development
- Commercial Finance
- Merger and Acquisition Screening and Valuation
Wendel earned an M.B.A. in Finance and Marketing in addition to an M.A. in English from Columbia University; he received his undergraduate degree from New York University.