A multi-faceted resource drawing on the author’s extensive financial consulting experience with small business and middle market-related issues, The Middle Market presents an action plan for change that results in energized, sales-focused commercial bankers, increased productivity and efficiency, and enhanced customer service-all of which can be achieved through near-tern improvements and a lower overall cost base.
The Middle Market will help bankers rethink their approach to this important market and provide them with a pathway for winning the competitive wars.
This book was published by Probus in 1994. Contact us to order.
Table of Contents
- Imperative for Change
- The Role of the Relationship Banker
- Economic Analysis: The Foundation of Growth
- Marketing: Finding New Customers
- Creating a Sales Focus; Case Study: Chemical Bank
- Cross-Selling: Building a Customer Franchise
- Leveraging Off the Credit Process
- Linking Credit to Sales; Case Study: Norwest Bank
- Growth through Infrastructure Change
- Reengineering the Relationship Manager
- RM Training, Performance Measurement, and Compensation
- Leadership in Technology Planning
- The Non-Bank Success Story
- Niching for Success; Case Study: GFC Financial Corporation
- Building a Small Business Customer Base